Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To Clarify Further - VDI Specs and new (refurbished) Laptop - Becky

Posted: Aug 3rd, 2019 - 7:14 pm In Reply to: Specs recommended for VDI - Becky

I should have clarified that the system I chose was - of course, refurbished. I found the company on Craigslist, after much research on many websites (Tiger Direct, Dell, Hewett (sp?) Packard, Target, Walmart - etc.).

So, this system above was $430.00 plus shipping - which was not much.

One can go down a generation or so on the Intel Core processor - and down on the GB of RAM - this laptop also has a 15.6" size screen so that is a bit more expensive. I highly recommend a solid state drive though, and as much RAM as you can afford!

Many people on my team have adjusted to VDI and it is working, for the most part, okay - just a tad bit slower. HOWEVER, that is NOT what others have experienced. I believe we lucked out because our account did not need VDI until after the initial installs went so wrong last year and the techs learned from that mess. Not sure, just a thought!! With research - you will find a very adequate system most certainly.

LINK/URL: To Clarify Further - VDI Specs and new (refurbished) Laptop

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)