Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Same here! - ex-OhioMT

Posted: Jul 30th, 2019 - 12:24 pm In Reply to: I had the same experience - sm

When my Dad was in the hospital with 2 collapsed lungs, pneumonia and on a ventilator, I was able to look at his vent settings and understand what they meant. When his physician came in and saw me do that, he thought I was the respiratory therapist! I asked a lot of questions about his health, what his cardiac enzymes were, etc and it seemed that when they all knew that someone in the family had "some sort of medical background" - but didn't know what - it seemed like he got better care. Because of my knowledge that I had doing MT for so many years, it makes me feel more in control of things - not only with my own health but my husband's too. Yes, he does ask me stuff as if I'm a doctor too and I always say "you know I'm not a doctor, but usually I can point him in the right direction with things. We have a LOT of knowledge and what has happened to this great profession is very degrading. But the knowledge I have gained from this job will last me forever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)