Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 32)

It's interesting to me - because

Posted: Jul 17th, 2019 - 3:46 am In Reply to: I just love these ads for MTs - What nerve

My mom was just diagnosed with stage IV cancer and she also has early dementia, so I'm having to go to all of her doctor appts. with her. She has always been amazed at the amount of medical knowledge I have, but to the average person it would seem that way obviously!

During the course of all these appts. and having to make calls to doctors, etc. it comes up often in conversation that I will know meds, tests, diagnoses, abbreviations, and not just basic stuff but sometimes I'm suggesting things and the doctors are like ???? to which my mom will say "my daughter does transription!" all proud like. (in her mind we are like mini doctors hahaha)

And THIS is when it always kind of hits me. I've been doing this over 15 years. Many of you have that doubled. The knowledge we have is crazy at this point. The requirements put on us for accuracy and to have to fix mistakes that doctors make...... and the pay we get for doing it truly insulting.

I can't think of any other jobs where the pay is so "off" from the knowledge and skill required for it. It's disgusting really. I feel like we should be shouting it from the rooftops, going on the news, demanding our day in court.... something, ANYTHING, to get justice for our profession.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)