Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 61)

Mounce Transcription - owed - money

Posted: Jul 18th, 2019 - 2:57 pm In Reply to: I was the original poster - owed money - BWender

I am the original poster. I could post copies here of all my emails with her praising my work all the way to her being snarky just to dispute what she told you, but I will just say that these are some of her comments about my work copied and pasted from the first month or so:

“Great!!” “Fantastic! I can't believe how fast you finished those.” “You did fantastic!!! I've had three people quit because they don't want to transcribe him.” “Thanks for all your help!!”

Then time went by and after not hearing from her for a full two weeks, I wrote: "Sue, It's been over two weeks since I've heard from you or received any work through Filezilla, so I am assuming that my services are not needed, and I just wanted to finalize that with you so I can move on. I certainly wish you the best regardless…"

Her reply was, “Oh, Dr. ___ was on vacation one week and then Dr. ___ was sick. Now I'm sick - LOL. But we should be back in full swing this coming week. I hope you will be available to transcribe.”

Okay, fine. But then after hearing only sporadically from her again, I needed to move on, so I let her know that this ended up being way more part-time than I had anticipated and I had accepted another offer. Her response was I that I left her high and dry (this was after I had not been receiving work!).

And after three months of not being paid, with her ignoring invoices by email for what was owed, and eventually sending a certified letter which she refused, with a cc to a lawyer, her response was “I will pay you today just to get rid of this pimple.” (So professional!).

We could go back and forth here. This is my last email on the subject. It's great your experience was good, although I noticed you mentioned you are not working for her now. I am just hoping to save anyone else from going through the same nightmare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)