Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues


Company Board Today's Top Viewed: I was planning to move to Alaska and live semi off.. (Views: 62)

I may be wrong, but I think...SM - Anon

Posted: Jun 11th, 2018 - 4:40 pm In Reply to: She is in NY and I am not. - owed money

you can file in your own state, but you can research that. First, though, send registered, return receipt requested invoice by mail with demand for payment within say 10 days. If no money is forthcoming, send another one requesting payment immediately and warn you will be filing in small claims court if not paid. If no money, file in small claims and notify them of such. Chances are you may just get your money sooner if you hound and threaten them for it. Just give it a try. It will only cost you some time and a little money to send registered, return receipt letters. Also, if you know or have an attorney, put his/her name as a CC at the bottom of the letters. This puts a little scare into the recipient, but you don't really have to send the CC to the lawyer. It's just for show.


Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)