Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 45)

Oh dear - AfterMT

Posted: Jul 17th, 2019 - 12:40 pm In Reply to: Coming Back to Transcription - Valerie

You may want to seriously consider Plan B instead, and look for a different line of work that interests you. Things have changed drastically, I’m not kidding, and I personally feel it’s not worth it to work at home online for an MTSO these days. If you could find something local, that would probably be ever so much better. Local transcription jobs, however, may not exist near you except possibly in an orthopedics practice or smaller type of medical facility. While you may still be hired without too much problem by an online MTSO, I personally don’t think it is worth going in that direction. After years of steadily worsening conditions in our field, much as I LOVE MT and have never wanted to do anything else, with 30 years of experience, i left the field. The pay is very low now (I went from average $21/hr to $17 to finally minimum wage, doing acute care/hospital dictation, even with good quality on QA), available work is not necessarily guaranteed, I was frequently being assigned new accounts to learn, and many companies are changing from employee status to independent contractors, which means we pay our own self-employment taxes as well. I know that some MTs are happy in their jobs working online from home, but I didn’t feel like bouncing around from company to company in hopes of finding that great fit. Your 20 years of experience will not translate into any better compensation either, I’m pretty sure. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)