Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Back to MT. - sm

Posted: Jul 17th, 2019 - 12:25 pm In Reply to: Coming Back to Transcription - Valerie

In 10 years, everything has pretty much gone Voice Recognition. Most companies hire independent contractors but treat them like employees as in you must keep a set schedule and you do not set your own rate (rates are about 4 cpl).

The best thing going right now is to contract with a company that pays the highest rate, purchase a computer with an i3, i5 or i7 core and Windows 10 because all of these companies are gaining accounts from a company called Nuance and subcontracting but Nuance requires something called VDI, which needs a lot of memory. you can do a search on this company board or any board and find posts about VDI.

The only company I have worked with so far that is reasonable is Precision; however, it is independent contractor status so no insurance, etc.

TTS or Transcription, Technology and Support are hiring employees. You can speak with them about their rates. So far so good with them as that's where I am at.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)