Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not much luck, but sort of - AfterMT

Posted: Jul 10th, 2019 - 6:38 pm In Reply to: Reaching out to see - Anon

I live in a large metropolitan area and have had absolutely no luck —at least concerning online applications, which many employers here use — even if I am well qualified. However, I’ve mainly been looking at local medical facilities—ANY type of work I would qualify for. I read some articles that have advised not to get your hopes up or even bother with online apps, but to look for businesses that take paper applications ( I did get a response and did interview that way!), or to just stop and talk to the manager if you visit a store that looks like they are busy and really need help, because they might hire you. The articles said you would have better luck that way. I have pretty much had to give up on any kind of medical work, medical receptionist work, or anything like that, because of the worthless online apps Plus the fact that I have no certification in anything, and I don’t plan to go back to school at this point in my life. So I began to focus on temp jobs, as I’m 66 and no longer need health insurance, and also my husband is employed.

I had a short stint with the census a few years ago, and of course the 2020 is coming up and I know they need help. So I’ve been focusing on temp jobs. I figure that brings in income, and then I can have a gap in between jobs. The census did rehire me and I start next month. The work will be on again off again, but that’s OK. I just want some extra income.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)