Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Errors and VR and Scribe Reports - gen322

Posted: Jun 13th, 2019 - 5:52 am

I'm a retired MT.  Forced because of lack of work.  Last March I was in the hospital, overnight with suspected angina.  Cath showed nothing, so they released me.  The bill for this stay was 31,000, not including the doctor's fee.  I went to get an itemized bill and my complete records for the short stay and was amazed at the errors on both. 

My age was wrong, my weight, my marital status and medication list.  When i asked the desk nurse who did their transcription, I was told that nurses enter on the computer as well as the phsyicians and scribes.  When I told her of the errors, she said "humans make mistakes sometimes."  

Interesting isn't it? If an MT was found to make that many errors in one report they would have been fired because of the importance of the medical record.  It has come a long way down the drain.  I am going to speak to the director of medical records today.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)