Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I hate to sound like I am bragging but... - anon

Posted: Apr 15th, 2019 - 9:33 pm In Reply to: And anothre thing - Average MT pay

I have found and am doing two different transcription jobs now that both pay 8 cents per line. I started both of them within the last few months. I got one job because another MTSO I worked for used this particular company's transcription software. I wrote to ask them what other MTSOs use their software and it turned out they had their own transcription service, and they hired me on the spot because I knew their software. The other job I cold-call applied to a year ago, got a "nothing available now" reply, and just kept writing back every four months with "Anything now?" And they finally gave me a spot.

It doesn't seem like it from this website, and certainly doesn't seem like it from all the help wanted ads, but there are all kinds of straight-transcription jobs out there paying 8 cents per line. Of course, (a) if you don't have the years and you don't have the relevant experience, you won't get the job (sorry), and (b) you have to go hunting for these jobs yourself to find the places and perhaps patiently wait your turn to get your foot in the door. The best transcription jobs DO NOT get advertised. I am guessing this is probably because, first, nobody wants to sort through the 500 resumes they get when they DO advertise on MTStars or other places, and more importantly, proactive and qualified people like me are sending them resumes every day anyway, and spoiling it for all the people who are waiting for the job advertisements to just fall in their laps to give them the 1-in-500 shot of being hired.

So here is my tip: Find 50 transcription companies online and send them resumes. They are all hiring... eventually. Then follow up. Then follow up again a few months later. Then follow up again after that. When you have the time, find 50 MORE transcription companies, and send them resumes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)