Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Just another opinion - Working outside of MT

Posted: Apr 9th, 2019 - 1:36 pm In Reply to: So then you stock shelves, unload trucks, be a floor person. - Be the girl in charge of the dressing room SM

While personally I would not work for Walmart, I did do retail work for a year and a half at Walgreens and other than the week to week schedule change, I liked it, although WG pay is very low. I do know WM pays more, but retail really wasn't for me. Now I am not saying you shouldn't try WM, sometimes just something to get you away from MT is a step in the right direction.

I am now working PT at a senior center and love it. There are so many senior centers around and they are always looking for people. I work as a receptionist and I must say it is a very rewarding job. Again, the pay is low, but I am retired and doing this for supplement (just like with MT). I clock in and clock out and if I have some down time, I am still paid and not picked to death by QA or management. Too much work, sit at your computer for 10-12 hours; no work, too bad, you're outta luck. It is always something, and believe it or not, that weighs on your psyche, not to mention the demeaning QA. You are NEVER good enough for these MTSOs and boy do they let you know it. And to add throwing salt on the wound, they don't want to pay for templates or headers and don't even get me started on the free work you do with cc's, demographics, etc.

There are no magic answers. Each and every MT or otherwise out there that needs to work, has to find some sort of balance and hopefully can find a job that allows that.

It took me way too many years to leave MT and I should have done it 15 years ago, when I finally quit MM. I should have made myself get a job outside of my home, but for some crazy reason, still unbeknownst to me, I did not. I truly regret that I stayed and kept trying and trying and trying, only to see this job, including my pay go down the drain. I settled for IC work and well you know the rest.

Now at the age of 72 I am more content and trying to take things day by day. I am out of debt for almost the first time in my life and that is so freeing for me. I can survive on my Social Security if I have to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)