Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Mets - former Andrews student/grad

Posted: Dec 20th, 2018 - 9:47 pm In Reply to: Not stated metastatic - levette

If you could please find this guideline and post it I would like to look at it. I code primary and secondary cancers everyday and I wonder about the thought process on this subject. I have been coding for a few years and also went through the same prep class you did for your CCS and I have my CCS and also am CRC certified. When I look in the neoplasm index I see bone cancer primary coded as C41.9 and bone mets as C79.51. I see primary brain cancer as C71.9 and brain mets as C79.31. One can't randomly assign mets to either bone or brain without following a certain protocol. I simply am not familiar with the "rule" you are referring to and have never seen it.

Here is an older neoplasm webinar put out by Elsevier but it is really good and informative. Maybe this might help a bit.

https://www.advanceweb.com/web/AdvertisingPromos/2015/Webinars/ElsevierClinincalSolutions.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)