Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

VDI nightmare on new laptop - help

Posted: Dec 4th, 2018 - 10:13 am

I bought a new laptop specifically to meet VDI parameters.  Brand new.

Install of VDI was smooth.

Fast forward trying to log in and VDI didn't work.  Sent ticket to IT.

IT guy can't fix problem so escalates to next IT guy in India.

New IT guy downloads a bunch of stuff and says it's fixed.  I can now log in.  I logged in.  Some functions are still not working in Inscirbe as they did outside of VDI.

My company tells me to submit another ticket to IT.

Problem now is the fan and processor run constantly on my new laptop, which it shouldn't do and didn't do before.  I'm worried the fan and processor running constantly is going to fry my laptop because there is a spike in CPU and memory use now, all related to Inscribe.

I don't want to make another IT ticket because I fear they'll download even more things and really fry my computer.  

I'm worried they don't know what they're doing and don't care about what happens to my computer as long as they close their tickets.  I have no idea what to do at this point.  My company can't help apparently.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)