Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 52)

well my sis is a retired ER nurse in FL - not again

Posted: Sep 18th, 2018 - 11:54 am In Reply to: This is the only reason we have jobs at all - Truth

And she would talk about how HORRIBLE the reports were. They didn't even make sense. I told her it was probably Indians or VR software.. but here's the deal. THEY thought it was just lousy American MTs b/c on that side of the equation, even when it is outsourced 100%, they remember the ladies in Transcription and just assume we are all happily at home making megabucks cranking out crap, which of course adversely affects patient care and makes everybody's job harder. And if they ever had to call radiology dictation pool to try to get the radiologist's read on an X-ray that didn't have a report, yet, they got an idea (besides what they overheard) how bad some doctors can dictate, and not just nurses but doctors listening to reports so they can get the info and then asking the nurse to listen to that and see what they make of it.

Everybody is busy at a hospital trying to do their job and all they know, is when their job hangs on some other department doing theirs, you can just bet yours got harder. And nowadays with drop-down menus and other money-saving practices sold by a software company, going to the chart to help figure out what's going on with the patient isn't going to be as helpful as you need it to be.

Oh, and as for the reduced rate of pay for editing, they think we are all making a livable wage b/c it's not like you have to type it. My sister even encouraged me to get back into transcription, even after I explained how terrible it is right now for MTs. Nobody believes it can be that bad based on what they remember of inhouse medical transcription and doctors griping about the cost of transcription in their private practices. It's a big divide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)