Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Scribes - Jaggar

Posted: Aug 8th, 2018 - 12:59 pm

I just looked up one of the businesses we do editing for and the jobs available to see if they had any scribe positions.  They did and one of the requirements is you have to have a bachelors in pre-med (or 2 years in college taking pre med), nursing or physician assistant and you can follow doctors around taking down information as they interview.  This all seems very bizzare in regards to HIPPA and just one more person in the room to know all your medical information.  I am sure many patients wouldn't appreciate this and I have worked on-site in many clinics as a medical assistant.  If you are really not feeling well, that is the last thing you want, someone following the physician around with a computer!   I cant believe that doctors would really go for this, much less doing it remotely.  And if you have to have those qualifications, are they willing to pay for it?  I have had 3 years of masters work on nursing and am working for peanuts.   

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)