Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Congrats! - see msg

Posted: Jul 1st, 2018 - 4:02 pm In Reply to: A great new job - and how I did it

Good for you! A lot of people sit around waiting for "it" to happen. Or they just pray for "it" to happen. It likely won't happen unless YOU do something to make it happen.

It took me 2 years to get out of MT, but it paid off. That was 5 years ago. I was moderately aggressive, I guess you would call it. I answered LOCAL job ads from our LOCAL newspaper, and also pounded a bit of pavement door to door locally and filled out applications. I had 2 job offers and made my decision.

Oh, and imagine this. I didn't apply to anything over the Internet.

FYI: Way before MT, I worked for a temp agency and was very happy! Most jobs were just for a week or two while someone was on vacation, sometimes longer if it was a medical or maternity leave. You don't have to pay them a dime upfront, and nothing comes out of your pay to compensate them. The company who needs the help pays the agency.

So, get off your duff if you're one of those waiting for it to just happen. Easy? NO WAY. Scary? YES. Don't wait to be motivated---it's hard to be motivated when you're in a funk...so you just have to get up and do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)