Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Also you have to be a squeaky wheel - with temp services

Posted: Jun 30th, 2018 - 2:32 pm In Reply to: A great new job - and how I did it

When I first signed up with Robert Half/Office Team they told me to go to their job listings, pick ones I wanted, and email them. I did that and nothing happened, so when I got all freaked out about being unemployed I called them, they told me to go pick jobs again, and I said, "I think things go better when you actually talk to someone." The recruiter agreed, looked at her list, read off the ones available in driving distance, we picked a couple, and I was working within a week, whereas I had picked jobs over a several-month period and never heard from them. My advice would be to do things like pick jobs and email the info if you're asked to by whatever agency, but also call and be persistent. And sign up with as many agencies in your area as possible, to increase your chances and job choices. Another really great thing about temps, or at least the one I'm with now, is they know you're job hunting and will accommodate you asking time off to interview, and understand if you get another job and have to quit your assignment.

Also remember to look for headhunters in your area, they are great at matching your skills to jobs and selling you to their clients. That's how I almost got a serious communications director job. They get a fat chunk of change if you get hired. It could be a great way to get a healthcare management job. I got a couple of good ad jobs that way before becoming an MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)