Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I cannot agree more. - sm

Posted: Apr 21st, 2018 - 8:23 pm In Reply to: Mayo - socsec

I worked at Medquist during the time you referenced. It was one of my fav jobs of all time. I averaged $24 an hour and everyone I worked with was wonderful. I quit, got out of MT for a while, but then, very unfortunately, I went back to MModal about a year and a half ago. It lasted a year before they started laying people off last November. Heed the warning. MT is over. I know people have been saying this for years but this time its real. Epic doesn't require MTs or coders and everyone is going that direction. I am in my late 50s now and I used to be a job magnet. Now? I get a lot of great interviews for some good positions but I don't get hired. MT caused a skills gap that I have quickly tried to close by taking MS Office suite classes at a local community college. I would encourage every single last MT to start making your move right now, especially if you are in your 50s. If you want an admin asst job or something like that, you may not have the skills you need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)