Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

taking care of employees - mt07

Posted: Mar 22nd, 2018 - 1:13 am In Reply to: OP here. I know. Whatever happened to the - notion that if you take care of your employees...

I'm in the middle of reading a book called "Start With Why (How great leaders inspire everyone to take action). The same author (Simon Sinek) has written a book called "Leaders Eat Last" (Why Some Teams Pull Together and Other Don't) -- one of my doctors told me about this author and this book when we were talking about leadership and ways leaders lead at one of my visits. There is some information about in the military "Leaders Eat Last" -- about how the leaders serve those they lead, are part of the team, etc.

It is amazing to read the book I'm currently reading and see how many of the signs of poor leadership are evident in a particular company. There is a story the author tells how the head of Southwest Airlines for 20 years was considered a heretic for proposing the notion that it is the company's responsibility to look after their employees first, next the customers, and next the shareholders -- in that order. The guy who took over Continental Airlines (which was on the verge of financial collapse at the time) back around 1994 believed in taking care of employees first as well.The very next year after he took over Continental made $250 million -- he made significant changes and most of all gained the employees trust.

Fascinating stuff. can't wait to get to "Leaders Eat Last" All that to say, your comment about taking care of employees reminded me of this and just thought I'd share. Be nice if leaders in companies would read these books!! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)