Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

That is corporate-speak for "we wish you would - quit so we do not have to pay UE"

Posted: Mar 19th, 2018 - 3:25 pm In Reply to: My immediate supervisor told me the other day that - if I did not feel like I could meet metrics

It is not a reflection on you at all.

I believe many of these big MTSOs have found some kind of loophole with the passage of that tax bill (it could have been something else, but why all of a sudden are they subcontracting openly and without compunction?) in addition to the obvious offshoring to India, and they want us offloaded. Look around on these boards, everyone is running out of work.

I would be interested to know if anyone has been offered to "go with the subcontractor" if their account went there. If they do suggest that, don't do it. Most of these subcontractors hire you for less than your current cpl AND most are IC only.

So basically we are being encouraged by our employer to take a job with their subcontractor just because they are doing the accounts we are familiar with.

The thing is they are ending your job, and as such they need to acknowledge that and pay UE.

To go from employee status to IC and get paid less and lose the benefits of being an employee, well, that's playing dirty and they should definitely not get away with it.

Again, it is not a reflection on you at all. They want you to think it is, but for example if you are in a high minimum wage state you will suddenly become much more incompetent doing the same lph as somebody in a low minimum wage state, who will go right below the radar since they won't have to supplement their pay to get to minimum wage.

It's a crock and one of the many methods they are using to get rid of us. Don't let them. They will most certainly get rid of us eventually, but they should have to pay the price of any corporation which is offshoring and outsourcing work, which is at the very least UE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)