Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 49)

I think it's because - sm

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2018 - 8:33 pm In Reply to: I promise I'm not being nasty, but - sm

So many come here all the time to say how they left and it was the best thing they ever did and we all must be pathetic to keep staying on, according to them, complaining of the same things now we complained of then, and how if we had any brains we would be working at gas stations and we are wasting good forum space complaining and should shut it, and so on, blah blah blah.

After about the millionth time, it gets a little tedious and to be honest, it does make things a little unpleasant for those of us who work here.

If we're here, we're here for a reason that makes perfect sense to us, and we're all aware that our complaints do not often get resolved, and yet we come here for a sense of support and solidarity and because it's a place to vent and be around others who can relate.

Lectures really aren't needed. Anyway, I like your postal worker analogy. I think if you walked up to a current postal employee and you were the 50th person to tell her she should be smart enough to get out like you did, she'd probably be a little annoyed too. :)

With all that in mind, I welcome former MTs if they just come around to be nice and join in the conversation in a way that says they can relate and don't blame us for staying but can commiserate over the current state of things. Same as you would, with good manners, to your old postal worker friend. Again, it's good manners.

You would (I hope) not say, "Wow, you poor loser. I'm making way more money than you are! Why are you still there? You could make more money shoveling snow. And let me tell you about my son who is now going to Harvard. I'm sure you can't afford to send to your son to college. It's your own fault, though. I just saw an ad for snow shovelers!! That's what I did! Why are you still at that miserable place?"

Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)