Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

What the rest of us are thinking is who cares, - we wish we were laid off

Posted: Jan 9th, 2018 - 6:49 am In Reply to: LEARN THE DIFFERENCE! - MT

Really, you are using all caps because you object to some saying you were fired instead of laid off?

You are so lucky, I am thinking. Fired, laid off, doesn't matter. The fact you got unchallenged unemployment, now that's the good part. CA employees also got severance, right?

I live in a state where you can't get partial unemployment, I have been getting hardly any work since Christmas, I have 2 new accounts and a new platform so whatever work I do manage is paid poorly.

Everyone who works for Nuance knows that most of the people who were laid off, let go, fired, whatever, were let go for reasons other than performance (despite what Nuance may say). The thing is, because my line count is low due to the above factors, they could easily SAY I am being let go for performance, but it's a sham.

Let's not get too sensitive here. What you are doing is giving Nuance the ultimate power to judge us, which they should not have.

Because you were laid off rather than fired you feel you are better than those who were "fired" (have you read some of the accounts of people who have been fired, similar to the above changes forced upon them and then slowly picked to death by FIESA or other means to try to get them to quit first - hardly bad performance - except by Nuance that is).

So by all means, I won't say you were fired. To me, though, I don't care if they lay me off or fire me, but I would be happy to accept the verdict as long as I could get unemployment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)