Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Just taking it day by day. - Hayseed

Posted: Dec 4th, 2017 - 6:56 pm In Reply to: AHD touching base - Mt25

I don't know if I'm numb or just apathetic. In one aspect I am completely powerless, yet in another I do have some control over my destiny.

I still have my health, my little family is healthy, and I still have a future and direction while I'm on planet earth.

Since I was old enough to work, I've never lost a job or been fired from one. I've always made my own move and it's always been up, never laterally or down. This MModal thing is the first move in what I deem to be a downward direction and it's NOT of my choice, so that aspect has me mildly bewildered.

I don't like being told that I have to go with this company or consider myself unemployed without any sort of a lifeline (unemployment) until I could find a better opportunity. I've never collected unemployment in my life and wouldn't want to even if I qualified for it, but it would have been nice to have that OPTION. The only option was go with MModal or be unemployed and that just doesn't seem right.

So, my resume is out there and I don't want to work from home ever again. It is way too easy to be taken advantage of by predatory entities. It was good while it lasted and I am thankful for what I had. I had it good and I knew it, but we all know good things never last.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)