Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 43)

Oh.my.gosh. - LMAO

Posted: Oct 20th, 2017 - 9:21 am In Reply to: That leads me to another thought - joint commission, another - puffed up group who makes their own rules SM

Can't quit laughing at your post.

One time, about 12 years ago, my supe called to say that Joint Commission would be in Med Rec that day, so she was alerting all the MTs to be especially careful. I said, "Give me a minute to change clothes and put on lipstick."

Most recently I've been working in the lab at a hospital (until laid off). When JC was in town, the lab staff would rush to get on their stain-resistant blue jackets and straighten up their work stations. I would get caught up in the drama, too... but, if you're running a tight ship in the first place (which you should be doing anyway, considering the life-and-death nature of acute care), all the panic is unnecessary.

Working inhouse in a lab with an unbelievably tacky and arrogant manager (who would say things like, "She had went upstairs and she don't know what she's doin' neither. I don't mind correctin' nobody who don't do things right!") was no piece of cake either, but it sure beat MT, or what has become of MT. I was laid off in August, and the manager could barely suppress a smirk as she advised me that they "no longer had no place" for me and that my insurance would end as soon as I stood up from the chair. She told me to clean out my desk and locker, to which I responded, "I don't need or want anything. Just throw it away."

Would SOMEone please explain to me how a college graduate can speak like that? Surely English 101 (or even 4th grade teacher) should have fixed this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)