Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Here's what I think - not that it matters

Posted: Oct 17th, 2017 - 10:32 am In Reply to: Note to Clueless MTSOs: - ...vent time....

I've been in this business for 25 years. I used to wonder why MTSO salespeople couldn't say to hospital clients, "Yes, we're going to save you lots of money, and we'll give you quick TATs; but, in order to do this, we're going to use our OWN format, one that's efficient for US. Your doctors who have special needs/requirements will either have to live with it or have your in-house staff do the reports. This is the only way we can streamline the process and make it work."

Instead, salespeople have left it up to fussy dictators and in-house supervisors to decide specific fonts, underlines, bolds, numbered lists vs. paragraphs, verbatim, etc. This is SO counterproductive! Sure, docs are the source of revenue, but give me a break! I think that the accuracy of the document should be the primary concern, not how pretty it looks!

Another thing I've thought about is this: Why don't these MTSOs have an in-house staff of clerks who fill out all demographics, let the MT transcribe the medical stuff on a blank "page," and then the clerk merge the 2 together. Then MTs could do what they're SUPPOSED to do and are TRAINED to do, which is transcribe records. Sheesh. Would that be so hard?

Here's something else I want to rant about, if you care to listen. The hospital I worked for until August laid off 50 people (myself included). In the newspaper announcement, it was stated that layoffs were necessary because the hospital wasn't getting reimbursed adequately, and that this was a result of INADEQUATE DOCUMENTATION. Huh? Well, uhhh, so medical records have been compromised? Well, I think we might be able to fix that, don't you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)