Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I quit... - ex-mtx

Posted: Oct 15th, 2017 - 11:34 am In Reply to: Straight outta Transcription - Hopeful

It's been almost a year now and I am so happy I did. I got a job in a doctor's office doing some transcription, scheduling, checking in/out patients. Monday-Friday, no weekends. No holidays, which we are PAID to be off. In addition to the paid holidays, I got 17 days PTO a year, which I am actually allowed to use when I want, lol! It was hard going out of the house again after 18 years of working at home, but I just couldn't take it anymore. Once Amphion sold out to Imedx that was the final straw. I seen the writing on the wall and was so tired of every couple of years needing to start over with a new company. The pay kept getting worse. No raises just pay cuts. When they couldn't cut your pay, they quit paying for half the report (no spaces, headers/footers, headings, etc). It all got to be just too much, I was broke and miserable all the time. So I decided to make that leap and get out. The first couple of months were the hardest trying to adjust to a new job and leaving the house to work, but now 11 months later I couldn't be happier. I still like to check these boards every now and again, just to remind myself what a great job I ended up with after leaving transcription. So if you are thinking about it, I suggest doing it! In the long run you will be much better off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)