Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 63)

Your post and the replies really help me feel less alone! - FormerMT

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2017 - 11:38 am In Reply to: Starting therapy tomorrow - Kerra

The MTSO I worked for closed on 03-31-17 and I luckily found an outside job that started on 04-14-17 for a manufacturing company. I am their records person, and they've been fantastic to me, but I mask the stress and anxiety I feel every single day. I feel nervous and have to give myself regular silent pep talks to make it through. The good thing is that my coworkers are incredibly supportive and kind, and I'm making steady improvement, which really helps boost my self-confidence and morale. I'm no spring chicken now either, which makes learning a new job tougher than it used to be. I also found all of the noises, chatter, radios, interruptions, and phones very trying on my nerves. I trembled a lot in the beginning and had one tearful breakdown, but I'm hanging in there and definitely doing better emotionally as I overcome more and more things...

I also did cleansing breaths to calm myself down and relax. I'd do that just before starting my shift, but I usually don't need to do that now.

What I also do that has helped is I don't look at the entire shift each morning. Instead I tell myself, "Just make it until lunch time." Then I'm halfway through, and the second half is easier. I divide up the day into segments and just focus on that portion. It seems less overwhelming. I've noticed that I'm starting to feel less like a fish out of water now, but it's taken about six months, and I still have some distance to go.

Anyway, thanks for posting and good luck to you. You're not alone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)