Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No. I don't believe that for a minute. - I also do not think scrubbing clothes

Posted: Jul 24th, 2017 - 7:54 pm In Reply to: EHR hurting, not helping healthcare. - (LOL - "Duh!")

on a washboard is superior to modern washing machines either.

My husband and I jumped at the chance to clean up our medical records when they went on line and we got access; thanks to this work I'd heard just how bad they could be. Ours weren't awful but had some significant mistakes and my husband's lacked important information.

We would have changed PCPs, not for that but for lack of EHR if ours hadn't gone to it early on. I actually asked if he was. He's an independent practitioner but bit the bullet and purchased a decent system, avoiding the trap of cheap, badly performing systems a couple of the far wealthier group practices in our town walked into.

The last time we had to pay $1500 for a second CT because it was the weekend and the doctor's office was closed WAS the last time.

And there was the time I rushed my husband to the ER and they literally had no record of his recent near death in that hospital (!) from anaphylactic shock; but thanks to electronics they were able to access our PCP's record even though it was late at night.

LOVE EHRs. I feel for rushed practitioners suffering through this transition, but zero tolerance for those whiners whose real main complaint too often is the higher standards of record keeping that were legislated at the same time going to EHRs was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)