Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Merge - mt3

Posted: Jun 30th, 2017 - 3:16 pm In Reply to: What happens when a small hospital merges with a large healthcare system. - COMT

My heart fell into my stomach reading your post. I'm not trying to be negative but I see your question as writing on the wall so to speak. I worked for a smaller hospital that merged with a larger one. We thought, that's good right since it would be an assent to keep the smaller hospital from going under. It turned out we were merging because of Epic and once Epic swooped in that was it. Overnight there were not enough jobs. About 50+ MTs were out of a job.

All you really can do is hang in there and hope for the best, but keep in mind and look for another job inside or outside of the hospital. Once Epic takes over, dragon follows, and sadly some are left in the cold. Best of luck to you! I was in your shoes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)