Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Burned out, too. Could barely force myself to work, so I'm out! - MTOut

Posted: May 27th, 2017 - 1:45 am In Reply to: So sick of this job, hate it. Even with good work - I still hate it. Can you say burned out? nm

I just couldn't get motivated any longer, even when work was plentiful--I'd have to twist my own arm, give myself pep talks, and make up little goals... There was no good incentive. Over the years, I'd lost shift differential, then holiday pay, then PTO, then my wages decreased while my experience increased... It was expected that I'd work on my days off if there was work and that I'd sit at my PC waiting all day during slow times waiting for a trickle of work to arrive. My boss ignored me, too, and would rarely respond when I questioned her about why work was so slow--it was demoralizing. I was tired of wondering if the account was shifting to Epic or was this just a weird slump. Those slumps started to happen more and more often. Sometimes I'd have a great week only to be followed by a virtually nonexistent week. Forget budgeting, saving, or planning. How does a person stay motivated when the sand is slipping out from underneath their feet?

On top of that, I was just bored. Too much isolation and no variety other than an occasionally interesting patient.

So, I left. I'm out. I miss working from home in some ways, but I'm also challenged during each shift and learning new things and getting to know people. It's not bad at all; in fact, I'm increasingly happier with each passing week. I'm also able to budget and have started a small savings account. Could not do that before. I'm still a bit stressed with the change of going from a home job to a job outside, but I'm also relieved that I have a steady check coming in. My work is interesting and actually kind of fun. Also, I really lucked out with my coworkers as they're all extremely nice people. Anyway, I only have about 5 more years and then I'm retiring, so I think I can make it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)