Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

For Imedx ICs answer - WC

Posted: Feb 16th, 2017 - 9:08 am In Reply to: For IMedX ICs - sm

I was given information and a document on all rules before I went IC. You have to pay all your taxes and SS yourself. I called IRS and SS admin and they told me to pay every 3 months and what I had to do to do that. If you do not have enough money, I was told you can make payments, you just HAVE to pay it in. ITs more than you normally would pay as the company is not paying their tax share on you. I have been fortunate that I have 2 accounts I can work on and I kept my same hours as it is needed. I also can do another account when there is no work on mine but right now for other reasons I won't go into, I cannot do it. YES you pick days you want off, you just tell them when you are available and give at least 2 weeks notice. You can be off holidays everything as long as you give notice. Stress is way less as you determine your line count BUT mine is still low because some of the accounts I have have only 1 to 2 line reports and I get paid didly, so checks are still small but at least no one is yelling line count or clocking in. So I went IC and am looking for more work or another job. I guess the stress is in knowing I am going to have to pay taxes and SS and right now, I have no money saved for that but its coming up. Calling IRS and SSA soon again. Hope this helped. I feel free from them as an IC but do not like the pay or anything else as others don't that are p/t or full time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)