Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Platform okay but keystrokes take some adjustment. - Depends on what you come from

Posted: Nov 17th, 2016 - 2:50 pm In Reply to: Escription - Honey

Escription platform has its upsides and down.

1. It is what Nuance seems to be switching more and more of its accounts to.

2. This platform does not permit the use of any templates or normals for dictators, even for things they say the same identical way 14 times a day. You must use whatever templates/normals are found in the system, and I found these to be disastrously bad. You must correct each template each time you plug it in, all 14 times that day. My line count plummeted as a result of this.

3. The keystrokes required to really use this platform can be daunting. My kitchen was plastered with cheat sheets and screen prints taken from the introductory videos. I mean PLASTERED with them. These keystrokes are critical to success with the platform, and there are many, many of them. Another hit to my line count.

4. Despite what Nuance tells you, learning Escription will not help you stay in work any better than you likely already are. You will still be OOW a lot or struggling to learn new accounts ALL THE FREAKING TIME to stay in work, as they continue to offshore all accounts as soon as they can. When I left, the time it took for a newly acquired account to be sent overseas was approximately 6 weeks.

My advice? Go elsewhere or get out of transcription altogether. You are helping to unemploy yourself by training their voice rec software to do your work.

Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Escription - Honey (Views: 610, 2016-11-16, 3:40 pm)
    • Platform okay but keystrokes take some adjustment. - Depends on what you come from
    • Escription - Esprit (Views: 482, 2016-11-17, 6:29 pm)