Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Interviewed with them - exMT

Posted: Nov 9th, 2016 - 4:48 pm In Reply to: Allegis Info - anybody work or worked there? - BobbleHead

I have not been an MT for a year now (was one for 12 years prior) and thought I would apply with Allegis to supplement my current income. I was not sure if it was what I wanted to do, but I did apply, took their test, and did a phone interview. I was told they do require 100 pages per week. I said I wanted to work around 15 hours per week and was told that was fine. When I asked if 100 pages per week was doable working 15 hours, the recruiter told me that some transcriptionists get 200-300 pages working 20 hours per week. I really wasn't sure if I could believe that.

I was not prepared for the interview as far as knowing how long it would take me to do 1 hour of audio. I would suggest that you figure that out or make up an answer if you do get an interview.

They wanted to know days that I would be available to work but didn't care which hours. It really sounded as though they don't care how many hours it takes you to do the jobs assigned to you, just so you get them done by the required TAT for that job and that you meet the 100 page/week requirement.

The recruiter was reading everything from a script and didn't even want me to ask any questions until she was finished with her reading, talked a mile a minute. After being out of MT for a year and experiencing that interview I wanted to run the other way. I would not accept a contract were they to offer one. I have had enough being treated like a production number and not a person. It just isn't for me anymore, and I used to LOVE being an MT.

That was my very limited experience. Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)