Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

R: Allegis - OverandOut

Posted: Oct 27th, 2016 - 5:54 pm In Reply to: Allegis Info - anybody work or worked there? - BobbleHead

I did the whole thing with them, the (very long) testing, the Skype interview. Yes, I do believe you can do the pages in their time frame and from what I remember, that is where the money is. The rate per page goes up if you can do that. Since you’re used to strict verbatim, you understand the trick to it, so I think you can do it. Apparently, they have plenty of work also and pretty much leave you alone after you’ve been trained (or so they said). I was offered a different contract situation in the same week I interviewed with them, so I did not accept the job with Allegis and went with the other guy. Allegis wanted a minimum of 20 hours a week and I was only looking for a filler of 10 hours (maybe 15) per week. I also I found their subject matter a bit boring and the other company offered modified verbatim on more interesting subject matters in my opinion. I don’t think I could do this subject matter (car collisions, etc.) for half my work week, BUT if they ever reconsidered taking contractors for less than 20 hours a week, I would consider it. I believe, and I could be wrong (and on MTSTARS, you’re always wrong), Allegis is a pretty decent company with decent enough pay for this type of thing. Probably not the perfect job, but I always thought it would be a good filler account. ( Supposedly, the reports are 15 minutes to a half hour long and the accounts I currently have are at least 6 hours or more, so I was looking for shorter files for fill in work).

I too struggle with shortcuts in non-medical. I bought Fast Fox for Express Scribe and it’s so easy to use. I have shortcuts for INTERVIEWER:, RESPONDENT:, people’s names, street names, etc. You can set it up quickly in Fast Fox as soon as you find out, for example “Oak Street” is dictated over and over again. Fast Fox is so basic that it only takes a second to do this. Then you can delete it for the next report if you want to.

Some shortcuts I have found I couldn’t live without are “you know” ( my Fast Fox shortcut is “youf”) . I use it all the time. Also Mm-hmm is “mh”, etc. I would love to hear from anyone who actually works at Allegis, same as you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)