Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition

Of course, use foot pedal. sm - Anon

Posted: Nov 4th, 2016 - 4:48 am In Reply to: VR editing question: if your allowed to still use your foot pedal... - Pugsy

I've never used start/stop hotkeys for any transcription. Who told you you had to transcribe that way?

As far as editing speed, you should be able to set the voice speed to your taste. I wouldn't go too fast at first because you may miss words and have bad audits. As you get more comfortable, you can increase the listening speed bit by bit.

You can edit a little faster than straight transcription, unless you're a very fast straight transcriptionist to begin with. I'm not, so I can edit about 1-1/2 times faster than straight.

Listening and reading is a different skill than listening and typing. You'll need to get used to the difference, but you will get faster at it in time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)