Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Haven't heard either - Another MT/CMT

Posted: Oct 29th, 2016 - 11:13 pm In Reply to: A+ Network - anon

I applied within the hour to the ad, but only sent my resume to the email address. The ad said to send resume, but the next sentence said you could apply/test on their website. I figured they would tell me to go there when they got my email, but I also have heard nothing for all this time...I think they have moved on. I should have done the application/test immediately, but I was worried that I did not want to waste another 3 hours to do that...that just makes me sick that we have to do that so often and for nothing if they ignore us. Warning though...they do look like they are fully demanding an employee status type of work for this IC job and that bothered me. I finally figured out that I should not fear this, but just get the job, get some money coming in, and when I do my self-employment tax form for my state to pay the Social Security/Medicare tax, the form that pops up with it is for the IRS to investigate these companies. The next time I will fill out that form; it is fair play to do that if they are going to "use and abuse us" in that way. We need to all do that and not fear losing the job...I think it might be private, but who knows? I am sick of these companies giving us nothing and then we still have to pay the extra taxes on top of that. I do feel like a 3rd world slave, but I am grateful to work in my own clean and cozy home. Good luck to everyone with your quests.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • A+ Network - anon (Views: 644, 2016-10-29, 9:29 pm)
    • Haven't heard either - Another MT/CMT
      • A+ - katrina (Views: 467, 2016-10-30, 11:47 pm)