Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Head in the clouds - lynlou

Posted: Oct 18th, 2016 - 9:02 am In Reply to: imedx article - 1shopper

An article sharing the opinions of those not actually doing the work and not affected by the low pay that has resulted from the "technological advances" to boost MT productivity. I don't know many professions where pay is cut in half on the assumption of increased productivity from technological advances. Usually, technological advances result in fewer people needed to do the work, not in the people remaining to do the work making less money. I think if SR truly made MTs twice as productive and the pay rate remained in keeping with the skill required to do the job, this would result in the need for less MTs. I think we could live with that. It is the technology not living up to expectations and resulting in eroding pay that MTs have a serious problem with.

The article mentions a few MTs on message boards being unhappy and discouraging others from entering the field. Those thinking about entering the field should be thankful to be told to avoid MT as it stands now. It is a whole lot more than a few MTs that are unhappy. I would say it is the majority.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)