Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

RE: Below the bottom - Cee

Posted: Oct 10th, 2016 - 2:54 pm In Reply to: I'm below the bottom at 3.5 and 7.5 with 17-1/2 years - wannie

I totally agree with you! When I used to work outside the house, I had heard that transcriptionists that worked at home didn't make very much and it's gotten worse and worse over the 10 years I've worked at home (17 years total experience). You look at all the job sites that mention medical transcription as a career, and that you can make up to $40,000 yearly - what a crock!!! In my best year, I only made a little over $20,000, and that was before I started working at home. It's very hard to make ends meet these days - I have state insurance because I can't afford to get insurance through an employer (the employers that offer insurance that is, which isn't very many anymore!). I have been thinking about taking up billing and coding myself - I learned it when I was in college 20+ years ago, but there are so many changes in the industry with ICD-10 and all. It could be worth trying though, just to get at least a decent wage!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)