Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

so as an Independent Contractor, we also do not get any help either? - ?

Posted: Sep 19th, 2016 - 9:53 am In Reply to: Another small MTSO sells out their MTs with EXCITING news - of being sold to Nuisance. SM

...just was curious if we could file TAA as Independent Contractors, but my guess is that will not be possible. Abused, again.

Anyone know if we can file? You only need 3 minimum...??? You would say due to technology, though, because Nuance uses speech "understanding" and is doing away with MT completely.

I have seen their act SO Many times at different jobs (as I was always running away from Nuance). Each time they came in and completely hoodwinked the administrators with visions of sugarplums in their heads, telling them how much money they are going to save, etc.

Seen this act before. But isn't it time we try to get something out of it? TAA pays for training in a new field if you lose your job due to outsourcing and technology.

...although, I am still thinking ICs cannot get any help at all...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)