Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I had two accounts that went to VR a week apart. I was down to making about - Happily ex-Nuancer

Posted: May 6th, 2016 - 5:31 pm In Reply to: OOW consistently for the past 4 weeks - Unhappy

$15 a day. Constantly OOW. I switched to a split shift since they told me that was how I could get FT hours. Didn't work. Then switched to 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. because they told me there was more work there. Again, didn't work. Then I was told that there was a FANTASTIC account that we were getting that would have tons of work and unlimited OT for at least 4 months. In order to do the account, I would have to purchase a new foot pedal (as we were told ours wouldn't work), as well as purchase a newer version of Word. I justified spending money that I didn't have to purchase these, as the OT would make up for it in no time at all. As it turns out, the foot pedal wasn't needed at all, as ours worked just fine, but the new one couldn't be returned--out $100 for that. Then the program wouldn't work on our computers, after purchasing Word in order to do the account. So they then supplied us with account-specific computers to do the account. So I spent all that money for nothing! To top it off, they way overstaffed the account, and there was no work, let alone OT--ha! Then they promised a week of added PTO time for anyone that would commit to working third shift on the account. Again, I jumped on it, thinking at least I would have work, plus the bonus of a free week of PTO time. You guessed it...no work on third shift either. I was making $10-20 per 8 hour graveyard shift! So I was jumping on whenever they would let me to try to make up my time. Somewhere in the middle of all of this, I also switched to 4 10-hour days, again to try working more hours on the days that they said were the busiest. Surprise...didn't work either. I put up with this nonsense for 6 months! Then they told us that we had to upgrade our computers within two weeks. Really? Buy a new computer in two weeks when I'm not even making money? Talked to an ex-Nuance employee for any possible job leads later that night. I was hired within hours and put in my resignation. At least I had that free PTO week to be paid out to me when I quit. Leaving was the best thing I ever did. I check in here periodically to see what nonsense is going on since I left...I see it's the same thing... Unfortunately, my new job just went to VR as well, so back to square one. Time for a new profession.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)