Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

They can't do that if you are an IC - SM - Busy MT

Posted: May 4th, 2016 - 12:00 pm In Reply to: I am an IC and am always being pressured to work more - ICQuestion

If you are a true IC and do not have taxes taken out of your checks, then they absolutely cannot tell you when to work. As long as you are meeting the minimum productivity that you committed to when you signed on with them, then they cannot be contacting you and telling you that you have to "log in and work now." That is highly illegal and I would be calling the IRS about this as they have really been cracking down on this sort of issue in recent years. I am also an IC and I literally never hear from anyone at my company unless they are sending out account specific emails, but no one ever tells me when to work. I can work whenever I want and as much or as little as I want as long as I am hitting the minimum line count that I committed to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)