Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

The upside for the company is... - Anne

Posted: Mar 28th, 2016 - 9:34 am In Reply to: Excused absence no work vs no pay - puzzled MT

---you running out of your NO PAY time and having NO choice but to make the hours up. It's the eompany's way of getting the least desirable unstaffed or lower staffed hours filled with workers, because you have the hours to make up and those are the only ones left open to you. It's win-win for them. They don't have to pay you up until the point that they then get you to work the cruddy hours. It's all silliness really. I'm not asking for $15 an hour (although we certainly deserve it more than someone flipping burgers and handing fries out a drive-through window), and I'm not asking to be paid for anything more than I produce, so just put those new hires in the schedules you're missing staff (like all of us had to do when we first started) and let the rest of us work when there's work and let us off our hours (if we so desire) when there isn't. Seems like we're the perfect employees in that respect. For those that are relying on this for a FT income to support a family, you have a legit beef...this job is not panning out like it once was due to outsourcing and changes in the field in general. For me, this is supplemental income (it's needed but it's not our main source), so if we run out some, we can get by. I just want to work in my shift when there's work and move on with my life when there isn't work. I do not want to (a) be on call until work comes through or (b) change my shift for the billionth time. We're simply not paid enough to work late night and overnight shifts., differential or not. Just my opinion...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)