Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I work for GTS - Happytyper

Posted: Mar 9th, 2016 - 12:50 pm In Reply to: Global Transcription Services - katrina

Please remember there are two sides to every story.

I have 19 years of experience and have been working for this company for 4+years. They're my favorite company so far and I've worked getting paid hourly for two different hospitals and at home for 4 different companies over the years.

They're based in Sydney and are growing but still small and family like. think they're fair, strict about quality of work but also willing to work with your preference, i.e. your schedule and what specialties you like to type (or don't like). My favorite part is they don't care where you live in the world or if you want to travel and bring your work with you (unlike most US companies). Three other members of my family work for this company. Inscribe is the platform they use which is nice because you don't have to buy a word processor software or medical spell check. Also it has a built-in auto text or word expander so you don't have to buy that either. It can handle paragraphs of auto text which is great for certain doctors who repeat things. Inscribe which has its own British medical spell checker which, although imperfect, is at least free.

This is a self-employed, subcontractor situation. You need to learn British spelling. Think about testing with them if you are a good MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)