Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Out Now - But What I Did

Posted: Mar 6th, 2016 - 2:05 pm In Reply to: Resume - sue

I pretty much did what other poster said, but I'll add a bit.

I headed the title "Professional Open to New Opportunities." This way, they know you're not looking for MT work and that you didn't accidentally send them a resume that was meant for someone else. This also shows them that you're adaptable and enthusiastic.

Also stress that you've worked in multiple databases and have experience LEARNING new software programs.

If you're doing online applications, make sure you also attach your resume (if that's permitted). Those online applications don't always give much opportunity.

Be short and to the point on your personal resume, no more than 1 physical paper size. No narratives, unless that's what's required.

Oh, one other thing, for anyone reading this who has run into this problem--references that require name and phone number. I simply put "last known contact information..." You're not lying. Again, online applications sometime don't allow for that in the actual reference field, but if there's a comment section, you can say what I just stated.

Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)