Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I think, still IC...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Mar 2nd, 2016 - 7:09 am In Reply to: I have an IC versusemployee question. - IC or Emp?

because you are being given the option of looking at your calendar for the upcoming month and choosing how much you want to work on any given day. Say you have a couple of medical appointments on one of your usual work days, technically, you have the option of putting a smaller amount of lines or even zero lines in that time slot. Also, if you just want to take a day off, you should have the option of putting zero lines there too.

The company really needs to have an idea of what their staffing is going to look like for the upcoming month in order to get the work done.

If you did the above, would you be hassled about it and told you can't do that? If so, then I think they are exerting too much control and you may not be a real IC.

Everything is relative. You want/need flexibility, and they want/need to get the work covered or they'll lose business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)