Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I already have Windows 10 nagware blocked - XQC

Posted: Feb 3rd, 2016 - 11:18 am In Reply to: eScription - Sean

Windows 10 has been a problem elsewhere apparently, plus it is not compatible with a lot of transcription platforms, so you might want to block anything to do with it by installing GWX Control Panel. I've had it running quietly in the background on my computer for a while now and it works great. Microsoft has embedded Windows 10 updates in regular computer updates that are not obvious. Up to now I had been tweezing them out of the update lists and blocking them, but Microsoft is getting more insistent and insidious in getting us to install this through increasing amounts of Windows 10 nagware. There is a pretty good discussion of this on this link, plus a link to download GWX Control Panel.

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)