Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Awful - Alice

Posted: Dec 24th, 2015 - 1:27 pm In Reply to: I was a victim of medical records theft - West Coast gal

This is scary and I'm sorry it happened to you. I don't even like the thought that any of my personal information that I tell a healthcare worker may be repeated and published in a report. When I transcribe a report that includes such private information (often not even related to the current complaint and I wonder why it's repeated there), I often wonder if that patient realized that his/her conversation would be dictated into a report. He/she might have thought it was a private conversation between him/her and the healthcare team. Not all patients realize how the system works, much less that their records are in jeopardy of being hacked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)