Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Coding.. (Views: 75)

The two major changes in scoring - seem to be conflicting

Posted: Dec 14th, 2015 - 1:14 pm In Reply to: "EXCITING" news - sickened

I think eliminating the minor error thing is good, of course.

However, if QA can resolve the blanks you get points off AND medication/lab number errors will all become critical, these two changes mean you don't want to leave blanks, yet if you don't leave a blank when it comes to numbers, you can be severely penalized.

Hey, guess what, Nuance, the reason the majority of CPSEs is numbers is NOT because we suck, it IS because that is where the majority of dictators start speeding up their speech, slurring, leaving stuff out, etc., and it is also where I would gather the ISR makes the most errors too - but they can't tell us that, can they?

How about being forthcoming with the amount of errors the ISR makes in the drafts (I'm sure they could get the stats) and where? Maybe then, if you care so much about patient safety, you can allow more blanks for these numbers sections since it is obvious that the problem is not squarely on MTs. My goodness, you might even try to get the facilities to make their dictators aware of just how bad their dictating becomes when they start with the numbers, and how important those numbers are.

I call baloney on "eliminating punitive scoring" - they just changed the punishment a little.

It is most certainly going to encourage guessing, but if you guess wrong you are in big trouble. I wish they would give you a little leeway there, like if it's 1 or 2 numbers off (I can't tell you how many times I have blanked it because hard to tell if 142 or 143 or something like that) you get a free pass.

As someone who never leaves blanks if I can help it, I still find this worrying. If I do leave a blank because of poor audio and QA can figure it out (because they have better audio), that is just plain unfair.

As far as "resolvable blanks" go they should really at least give you one for free, bearing in mind our audio is much worse than theirs (for some idiotic reason).

Personally, if I get a bad audio report I am going to flag it for poor audio now, no matter how many blanks (sometimes I can figure it out enough so that it comes in under the blanks allowed for that account), because I don't want some smarty pants QA person to audit my work and decide, after all that time and trouble I undoubtedly took bringing my line count down considerably, that they can figure out one or two more because they have better audio.

As usual, they give with one hand and take away with the other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)