Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I will not go to some third world rat hole for medical care. - Not at the risk of my life SM

Posted: Dec 9th, 2015 - 10:12 am In Reply to: Medical Tourism - Schadenfreude

let alone having to listen to all the medical personnel there during the consult, procedure, aftercare and followup. Could be up to a week there while all this goes on.

We constantly beach and complain about the poor dictation/speech habits of ESLs, there's no way in Havoc that I'd ever go there and have to listen to that.

I was supposed to have a colonoscopy screening here. My PCPs office called and set it up. Once I saw the name on the paperwork, I called and cancelled it. I'm not going to an ESL and have to listen to that during such an important procedure. And when PCPs office calls back to ask if I've done it yet, I will tell them exactly why I've cancelled it.

That procedure is difficult enough to go through, let alone have to tolerate listening to and trying to talk to an ESL doing it. No thanks. I'll wait and get someone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)