Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

As long as we are reasonable - MTMom

Posted: Nov 13th, 2015 - 1:45 pm In Reply to: You made an important distinction... - Linda

We have to expect to stay competitive. There are things to consider when you decide what rate you will accept. Is it easy work? Difficult work? Is the platform user friendly? I charge more for surgical accounts than I do for clinic accounts. I have one account that the platform recognizes literally 90 of the text. That account I accept less for than the one that I have to retype nearly everything. In the long run, I turn down more offers than I accept. I always attempt to negotiate. Some companies will and some companies won't. I have been in this business 30 years, that is what I bring to the table. Then when I accept a contract, I make every effort to learn the platform inside and out, LEARN THE FUNCTION KEYS AND SHORTCUTS. Many times the account turns out to be not worth the effort. That is when I say, Sorry, but this isn't working out for me. Just like any other contractor in any other field would do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)